TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS
The Mountaineer Racing Formula SAE program is supported largely through financial and in kind donations from alumni, private individuals and corporate sponsors. Donations are made through the WVU Foundation, the non-profit corporation that generates, receives and administers private gifts for the benefit of WVU. All donations are tax deductible.
By sponsoring Mountaineer Racing, you will help provide students the opportunity to develop and demonstrate the technical knowledge, communication, teamwork and project management skills that will launch them into challenging and innovative careers in the automotive industry and related fields.
2019 Race Car Fabrication
The Mountaineer Racing team is currently fabricating the 2019 JAC 5 race car that will compete in the Formula SAE® Michigan Competition at the Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn MI in May 2019. The cost of building a new FSAE race car and competing in one FSAE competition is approximately $60,000. The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department provides only a portion of the needed funding.
Engine Dynamometer Testing Facility
A robust, well-tuned powertrain is essential to any successful racing venture. At present, WVU does not have an engine and powertrain dynamometer that is suitable for testing and tuning high-speed, small displacement internal combustion engines. The team is seeking funding to develop an engine and powertrain dynamometer that will be used for race engine testing, tuning and calibration.
Vehicle Dynamics Seminar Travel
Each year Mountaineer Racing sponsors travel for team members to attend Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Seminar and Data Driven Performance Engineering Seminar offered by Optimum G Vehicle Dynamics Solutions. The Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Seminar is held in Lansing MI in May and Indianapolis IN in December. The Data Driven Performance Engineering Seminar is held in Lincoln NE in June.
The majority of the machining, welding and fabrication of the WVU Formula SAE® race cars is completed by students in the G-15 Automotive Projects Laboratory. Some of the tools and equipment is in need of repair or replacement due to advanced age and normal wear. Equipment is also need to enhance the team's in-house manufacturing capabilities.
- Permanent acknowledgement on donor plaque outside the Mountaineer Racing Shop.
- Sponsor Spotlight and video acknowledgement on Mountaineer Racing Webpage.
- Acknowledgement of donation via Statler College and WVU Foundation press releases.
- All Mountaineer level benefits.
Black Bear Sponsor
$10,001 - $25,000
- The Mountaineer Racing Formula SAE Race Car will be displayed at your business location.
- Large company logo displayed in prominent locations on the Formula SAE race car.
$5,001 - $10,000
- Preferential placement of company logo on the Formula SAE race car.
- Company logo on the team's race trailer.
- Team T-Shirt.
- All Blue level benefits.
- Placement of company logo on the Mountaineer Racing Formula SAE race car.
- Company logo displayed on Mountaineer Racing Webpage.
- Sponsorship publicly acknowledged on all Mountaineer Racing social media outlets.